Do your clients blab to their friends about you? Do they go on-and-on about you and how great you are at what you do?
The idea behind making “raving fans” is that you want to create a client environment that causes them to FREELY and UNAPOLOGETICALLY tell their friends about you and how you’ve changed their life.
You certainly won’t get that if all you’re looking for is the sale, and you certainly won’t get that if you ignore goals or concerns that are important to your clients. So how do you get it?
Think back to times in your life where YOU have been a raving fan yourself.
- Did you go to a new restaurant where the service was spot-on, the food was delicious, and you can’t wait to return?
- Have you purchased a suit from a local retailer, and every time you put it on you feel like a million bucks?
- Do you visit a chiropractor who does their magic with an adjustment that makes you feel 10 years younger?
Whatever the situation, there was something about the experience that causes you to tell friends and family so they can have a great experience, too. The restaurant owner didn’t have to beg you to tell your friends to eat there. The suit shop owner didn’t have to request for you to write down the names of 3 people in your office who also need a new suit. And the chiropractor didn’t have to ask you, “who do you know” who also need a back crackin’.
When you create an environment where your clients WANT to tell others about you, it’s magical. Brainstorm what that needs to look like in your practice. A few things come to mind:
- Does your staff treat your clients like they’ve just walked into the doctor’s office (telling them to “sign-in, have a seat, and the planner will be right with you shortly”), or do they remember important things in that client’s life like a child’s birthday, a new promotion, or to thank them for introducing their friend to you last week?
- Do you make things super simple for your clients (like having paperwork filled out correctly so that it doesn’t have to be redone 4 times)?
- Do you care about your clients – for real? Do you pay attention when they tell you that their parents are in failing health, and do you check-in to see how they’re doing?
- Do you make hard conversations easier with your demeanor? When you discuss recommendations, do you talk on a level that your clients can digest or do you talk way over their heads and leave them feeling stupid? When you talk about life insurance, do you make sure both the husband and wife’s perspectives are considered and encouraged?
- Do you find that you judge people based on their current situation, or do you say, “well, the past is the past – let’s move forward and write a new end to this book!”?
In such a numbers-heavy industry, it’s sometimes surprising that to make raving fans out of our clients, it’s really all about how you make them FEEL.
Financial Professionals: Schedule a 30-minute consultation with Chris Kowalik of ProFeds to see if this proven, step-by-step system is right for you.
Ready to get started? The ProFeds Bootcamp is where all of the magic begins! This training program is limited to the first 10 financial professionals who qualify, so reserve your seat today! CLICK HERE for details about our next available class.
About the Author: Chris Kowalik, founder of ProFeds, is the industry’s leading business coach for financial professionals who specialize in working with federal employees. She is a frequent speaker for financial services firms and federal agencies throughout the country.